3 Weeks to Go!


Wow, three weeks until my next exciting vacation!  As you can probably tell from the title I am off to Greece, and I leave June 6.

I'm doing a bus tour all alone which should be exciting and a little scary at the same time.  I am only going for a week, it's hard to fit in tours into my holiday schedule sometimes.  And as much as I would have loved to go for a cruise in the Greek Islands I'm not entirely sure of cruise ships in general, especially after all these terrible stories I've hearing lately.  Also, it didn't fit into the time I had.  So I figured why not hit all the big places that I spent so much time learning about in University.

I did try to make a map but it wasn't cooperating today, the Greek names are completely different than the English ones and every map is different.  The one thing I'm curious about is the language.  I do have a phrase book and such but it is an entirely different alphabet and language.  But I'm sure I'll muddle through and figure it out.  Or at the very least I'll be with the tour most of time and then it doesn't really matter.

But the itinerary is (in non map form):

Athens for 2 nights
Nauplia for 1 night
Olympia for 1 night
Delphi for 1 night
Meteora/Kalambaka for 1 night
and back to Athens for 1 night

But there will be tons of adventure and learning and touring which I am really looking forward to.  And the best part is that I have almost a week off from work before I go so I'll even be rested up for the trip!

Apparently, now the tour buses have free wifi so it might be easier than ever to keep people updated on the excitement!  Check back soon for more updates!

Comments

  1. Why am I picturing the Movie "My Life in Ruins"? At least you will be with group A because Canadians are always put there :P

    I hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Temple day

Museum and Beach time

Denpasar to Ubud