Roma Magic

First I'd like to say that it is freaking hot here.   It's only around 26 at the most but its hot and humid.  And the sun is out with a vengance.  In retrospect I probably should have worn sunscreen...  But that will be a surprise for later.

We had a tough day time change wise.  We arrived at 10:30 am, but it felt like 2:30 am.  Woo hoo!  at least our hotel was ready early so we did a little bit of wandering and tried to get our bearings.  We ended up going to the coloseum and were approached about doing a tour and said yes because a friend had recommended it.  It was a tiring day but we had some quality sightseeing and have managed to get our internal clocks a little more oriented to Rome time.

A few funny notes, our taxi driver was going 140km down the freeway.  She was a fast driver.  And the best part of the night, we have our window open and can hear a loud conversation from two guys who I'm guessing are American.  "Yeah, Vancouver is closer to Alaska than Toronto".  Really?  This is something not obvious??  I laughed.  Maybe some of it was tiredness but it was the most random thing to hear.  Also, there are guys here shilling what I've been refering to as selfie sticks.  And there are a few too many people taking advantage of them.  You don't need a pole to hold your camera away from you to take a selfie.  Seriously, you don't.  But I kinda want to buy some for gag gifts now...

I'm just aiming for mini blogs while I'm gone and will do more in depth once I'm home.

Oh, and gold star for Air Canada.  I don't have anything much to complain about.  The plane was good, the flight attendants were polite and happy to help and nobody smoked on the plane.  It's almost as if they've read my blog...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Temple day

Museum and Beach time

Denpasar to Ubud