walking with the ancients

We had a long but good day today.  We did a day trip to pompeii.  We could have taken the train ourselves but I found a tour that included a stop off at Mount Vesuvius.  And the addition was just what I hoped for.  I was a little afraid because I guess they close the mountain access come November and bad weather.  It was cloudy but otherwise good viewing.

It was a bit of a hike but had great views when the clouds weren't covering things up.  I actually found the one hike in Waterton to be tougher.

Pompeii was impressive.  It is very busy there and there is a lot to see.  We did get a tour included, mostly due to the time restraints but it was good.  It was a surreal feeling to be walking around on roads and past shops that were filled with people living their lives until the volcano blew.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Temple day

Museum and Beach time

Denpasar to Ubud