strikes and crypts

The transit strike didn't affect too much.  It did mean they shut down all the escalators in the metro stations and just generally slowed things down.  But to compensate the parking and driving restrictions in the city Centre are dropped so you can just drive to work.  Which means the roads are busier.  But it didn't affect me so I'm good.

I walked around a bit of Rome today, hit some different piazzas but I would have been okay if I didn't make it there.  In the afternoon we did a crypt and catacombs tour.  It was really interesting and a nice way to finish the holiday.  But don't worry, we left the undead there, where they belong!

We've checked in and mostly packed and it feels real that its home time tomorrow.  But I'm ready to come home.  And hearing the terrible singers from the evangelical Baptist church across the street makes it easier to leave!  And boy do they sing for a long time.

Check back in a few days when I'm over jetlag and get pictures on the computer and I'll do some more in depth blogging! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Temple day

Museum and Beach time

Denpasar to Ubud