driving, such twisty roads

So all of today's plans were scrapped.  I'm very disappointed the hanging bridges are a no go so I'm planning on going by myself tomorrow.  Sounds better than hot springs to me.

Instead of trams today we started off at a wildlife refuge.  Man, some of those stories were  sad.  But if they can't rehab the animals they stay at the refuge and those are the ones we got to see.  They had tons of birds, monkeys, tapirs, which had all escaped their pens and just ran wild startling people and some peacocks.  It was a really nice setup and I enjoyed wandering around to see all the animals.

The rest of the day was filled with  lot of travelling, it may be a small country but the roads are twisty through the mountains so it's slow going.  And the farmers are out slowing the traffic even more.

We also visited a traditional ox cart factory and a church with very fancy grounds.  And had delicious ice cream while I was there.  It's no Italian gelato but it was good.

Tomorrow is a boat cruise and my rogue trip to the hanging  bridges!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Temple day

Museum and Beach time

Denpasar to Ubud