monkeys and wilderness

Wow, I can't believe I'll be home in less than 24 hours.  This trip has flown by yet it feels like I just arrived...  I had a few issues with the WiFi so that's why I've done nothing the last few days.  Also, typing on the tablet is getting tiring.

I've had a really good couple days since I last wrote.  I was an idiot in Guanacaste and didn't apply nearly enough sunscreen and I'm paying for it now.  Burnt both sides of my legs.  In my defense the pool was amazing.  It took a good 20 minutes to swim from one end to the other and back.  And a little chitchat with people along the way.  And we had a free bar in the afternoon.  But I'll recover and not remember this for the next sunny destination because I just never learn.

Since then I've gone on a river cruise and saw crocodiles.  Or cocodrillos, crocodile in Spanish has more flair somehow.  We headed south to Manuel Antonio national park and our hotel was literally touching the entrance.  A few people headed down to the beach that night and spotted monkeys.  I went for our second happy hour and heard howler monkeys, but saw none.

Today we did a rainforest tram.  It was okay, it was interesting seeing everything from that vantage point but we didn't really see too much new.  And the stuff we saw we knew about from previous excursions.

We made up for that today with the sheer amount of monkeus We had a long but good day today.  There must have been at least 20, some with babies, that came out of the trees and either jumped above us or ran across the path mere feet away.  My only disappointment is I didn't see any walking sloths.  Saw lots up in the trees but none on the move.  But I can't complain considering everything else we saw.

I shall return in the next few days with full blogs and pictures!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Temple day

Museum and Beach time

Denpasar to Ubud