Airport Time

So my gate is on the far end of the terminal.  No big deal, but I did enjoy the comment from one group I passed.  One was pushing a lady in a wheelchair but the lady who was walking commented that "it's so far away that if you didn't have heart problems before you will by the time you make it there."  Yes, because walking is going to give you a bad heart.  And yes, they are on my flight.

Taking another red-eye flight.  My thought was that I still get the time for vacation but save money by not getting the hotel room.  And I'm an early riser so it's okay for me.  And I really hate getting in to my destination late afternoon/early evening.  It feels like such a waste of a day.

I thought I'd take this time to share my tips for better travelling.  Bring a water bottle.  All the touristy sites will have fountains to refill.  And then you don't have to wait for the flight attendant to get something to drink, or pay multitudes to get a simple bottle of water.  One of my best purchases was a pashmina, I got an oversized one and it's awesome as a blanket on the plane, it's always cold on the plane.  I've also used it as a scarf in colder temperatures and could have used it as a quick skirt for modesty requirements in the monasteries in Greece.  It's incredibly lightweight and attractive, and I appreciate being warm!  It's also a bonus to find a hotel with free breakfast.  Yes dad, I know, it's not really free but I don't pay extra on the spot so it feels free!  But it's such a time saver when you have plans and early starts.  It's such a pain in the ass to have to scarf down a quick breakfast while being worried that you'll be late.  And as nerdy as it is I finally got a neck pillow and I'm one of those people with it dangling behind me wherever I go.  But I haven't regretted it once.  So much easier to sleep!  And as I've learned, incredibly easy to clean and get all the nasty plane germs off!

But I do have a bit of stuff planned.  As usual.  I'm a lot less ambitious than other trips as I have so little driving to do which will be a nice change.  I have two and a half days in both Niagara Falls and Toronto.  I got the adventure pass for Niagara Falls and get to do the maid of the mist, a river walk past the whirlpools and rapids, as well as journey behind the falls.  Should be good.  As well as all the other tacky tourist things I can do.

On the drive back to Toronto I'm planning on hitting the Welland canal and the locks, a botanical garden and maybe even a castle.

Toronto is a bit more of a mixed bag.  I'm hoping to tour Casa Loma, the museum and the CN tower at the very least.  I caved and bought the double decker bus pass so I also get a city tour, bus service and a harbour cruise.  Should be good.

But it's getting closer to boarding time and that much closer to my next adventure!

Comments

  1. I adore free breakfast. It saves so much time! Also, usually in the morning I just want like a bagel and yogurt not full on restaurant meal.
    When we got to the States I like to stay at Embassy Suites cause most of them have free breakfast, plus managers reception in the evening which means - free drinks and snacks! Woo!

    Have fun! Sounds like lots of excitement!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Temple day

Museum and Beach time

Denpasar to Ubud