Arrival

Well here I am in foggy Halifax.  I'm waiting for the shuttle bus to take me to my car so I have a little time to burn.  I'm still trying to figure out why I keep thinking the red eye flights are good.  I'm feeling awake and alert right now but not sure how long it will last.  I guess that is one good thing from work, I'm used to being up really early on not a lot of sleep and still functioning.

The flight wasn't too bad, lots of kids and people snoring.  Thankfully my iPod blocked a lot of that noise.  I do feel like one of the only tourists on this flight though.  I'm pretty sure I'll be the only one on the shuttle bus.  I guess people don't really think the maritimes are touristy.  But I've found a lot of interesting things to do.

Today's plan is to wander around the waterfront boardwalk they have.  And maybe check out the citadel, which appears to be a confederation themed version of fort Ed so that should be good,  also it appears to be only a few minutes away from my hotel so that is even better!  I'm also hoping to go to Peggy's cove.  I'm not entirely sure what there is aside from a fancy lighthouse and a fishing village but all the guide books seemed to think it was the place to go so who am I to argue!

But I'm off for adventure and excitement now, and of course, trying to stay awake!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Temple day

Museum and Beach time

Denpasar to Ubud