I'll get there eventually...

The strangest thing so far in new Brunswick has been the language.  Since they are officially bilingual a lot is in French.  it's weird buying stuff at the grocery store and hearing French announcements.  Otherwise the only other strange part is really the street signs, which are bilingual as well.  I also forgot to mention the PEI license plates.  They are so small they only have 5 characters. Some seem to be getting to the standard 6 but I'm guessing you're more of an islander with the original 5!

Today was a frustrating and fascinating day. I started out heading down to the hopewell rocks.  They were amazing.  It's so surreal to walk on the sea floor and then only hours later see people kayaking in the same areas!  I wanted to see low and high tides so ended up spending more time than I had hoped.

After that I headed north to Fredericton.  Can I say that there isn't muchto see and or do in either Moncton or Fredericton.  Unfortunately I took the wrong turn out of the rest stop and my gps didn't correct me in time and I ended up going 47 km in the wrong direction to the last exit.  Seriously.  They have this beautiful highway, I even saw deer on the way home, but it has half a dozen exits.  So that made me unhappy. But I finally made it and went for a tour around their garrison, where the soldiers were stationed originally.  It was really informative.  I also checked out their parliament, which was really fancy,  but closed for the day, after all my issues I was too late.

So I headed back to the hotel and am all ready for my return trip to Halifax and my trip home.  I'm sad but happy at the same time.  It's been nice seeing so much but it's nice to be home.  I've also found the biggest challenge with different hotels is that by the time you are sort of familiar with the area you've already moved on.  Tonight was really nice to come back to an area I was familiar with!

But now I'm off to bed to be all ready for the morning!  I'm planning on watching the tidal bore in Moncton and going to drive magnetic hill!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Temple day

Museum and Beach time

Denpasar to Ubud