Going home

The airport is always such an interesting place to people watch.  I have to admit Halifax isn't too exotic.  Aside from a flight from reyshavik and Frankfurt its all from the east coast area.  It makes Edmonton seem a little bit more interesting!  I'm happy that today's plans went as planned and I made it to the car place to return the car and get on the shuttle with plenty of time.  But not so much that I just sat around for hours!  Security wasn't too bad today, I did get picked for the extra screening where they swipe your hands but it got me out of the long line up so it was a blessing.  The food choices here leave something to be desired which is unfortunate as I had a late lunch and was planning on having something at the airport as I had just eaten before I came.  But I'm hoping to sleep the flights away!

Never fear, I did have a little bit of excitement this morning.  Now Moncton is a lovely city but there isn't too much to do.  But I found a bit to entertain me this morning.  I started off at magnetic hill.  It's an optical illusion but you put your car in neutral and then it appears as if your car is driving itself UP the hill!  Its so dorky but everyone who did it had these big smiles on their faces.  Dorky but cool!  I also made it to the tidal bore watching platform.  For those who don't know a tidal bore is basically when the river flows the wrong direction from an outside water source.  The petitcodiac river is one of these.  The bay of fundy forces in a massive amount of water to refill the river.  Before the bore you can see the bottom and the river looks like a mud flat.  You can actually see the bore arrive looking like a wave coming through.  Once again, simple but kinda cool.

After all that I headed back to Halifax without getting lost!  And now I'm at the airport.  I'm starting to feel tired and I'm thinking I will sleep this flight away!  But its sad to think that soon I will be back at work.  Even when I was back in Halifax on the shuttle I kept thinking 'hey, I was there!'. And it doesn't feel like it was less than a week ago!  But I had a fabulous time and the maritimes is a great destination to help one appreciate our fabulous country a bit more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Temple day

Museum and Beach time

Denpasar to Ubud