rainy iceland

So I head home tomorrow afternoon.  It feels like I just left and it feels like I've been gone forever.

I have however had a great time in Iceland.  I am glad that I booked things to do because all I really want to do is nap. The time change is 3 hours behind Helsinki so that is throwing me off too.

My hotel is a bit further than I realized.  But they do offer free bus tickets.  Or you can walk and it's only about half an hour to the harbour.  I walked so I could wake up a bit before dinner.

Yesterday I wandered around reykjavik for a bit.  Everything was closed but it's a charming little town.  Had some great fish and chips.

Today I did a city tour that included quite a bit of stuff not in the beaten trail so it saves me some time having to walk and find all these places.  And this afternoon I did the golden circle tour.  It includes a waterfall, a geyser and a lookout into the valley.

Tomorrow I have a boat ride planned.  Here's hoping I see some puffins this time!  Other tours guarantee them, that feels like a bold sort of statement to me.

The country has a nice desolate sort of beauty.  It doesn't look so great from the air but being on the ground gives you an a precision for it.

I'm hoping to start actually blogging on Thursday.  As long as the jet lag doesn't kill me!   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Temple day

Museum and Beach time

Denpasar to Ubud