Olympia again, I hope

Back to my crazy Greek friend.  I haven't caught his name as it is very Greek so I don't really understand.  But he seems to be an unofficial ambassador of all things Greek.  He follows the group trying to rein in the stragglers, suggest what we should try to eat and does some translating.  But now that they know I'm travelling alone he seems to keep trying to get me included.  But the problem is that after dealing with people all day an overbearing Greek guy is a little much for me.  But he's fairly harmless and he is travelling with a lady friend of some sort.  It should be interesting to see how threat couple days play out.  But it's mostly when we are at the hotel.  Like when he was ,walking by with his friend and had to take a picture of me...

But the one thing that I find hilarious is that the Greeks are really like the dad on My Big Fat Greek Wedding.  All things Greek are great and our guides goal is to have us be Greek and love all things Greek by the end.  She told us that on the first day.  The funniest part came this morning when she went on for what must have been a good hour or so about the Greek alphabet and then told us the meaning of English words with Greek heritage.  Like pediatric and Hippocrates.  She just went on and on.  And it reminded me of the scene from the movie where she was in the car with her dad and her frien kept trying to stump him.  This is what Greek people are like!  But it's amusing and loveable.

Tomorrow is another semi big driving day.  But we get lots of stops.  Didn't see our drivers lady friend today so I think she just came to tour for the day!  Tomorrow we head north out of the peloponnese and through the seaport of Patra to Delphi!  Should be a good day.  And apparently the temple of Apollo is on the top of a steep hill.  More hills, yeah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Temple day

Museum and Beach time

Denpasar to Ubud